Badami in Black and White

As I mentioned before I completed my 5 weeks long,and over 3000 Kms Deccan journey on my ever dependable Apache bike. I shot thousands of snaps and I was lucky to get some dozen odd good shots. That's how it works - you keep shooting till you get better..

Avsnap2

I came home and sat down to the excruciatingly slow and painful task of editing,deleting,processing those thousands of snaps..

2013-01-18_16

While experimenting I realized some of the pictures look better in Black and White..

Badami1

I know B & W snaps are out of fashion these days..but IMHO certain snaps need that extra B & W effect to add depth,character and texture to them..

Bwbadami1

Of course if your composition's main theme and focus is on Colors then you shouldn't consider the B & W treatment to it..

Bwbadami2

Like the one above - the landscape in color looks stunning with myriad of tones and hues spread all over...but I stuck to this version.

And you could play around by adding some tint to the snaps..

Bwbadami4

Even some interior shots look better in B & W..

Fotor3

and some become positively psychedelic when given the B & W treatment...

Fotor4

Even people shots looks more interesting..

Fotor2

and one can infuse drama into a landscape..

Csdsc_3267

and you can play around with the dark and light elements in the snap..

Fotor1

So what do you think? Should one give the good ol' B & W treatment to photographs?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Battle of Raichur - One of the bloodiest battles in Indian History

The Badshah who was a Jagadguru

A Vibrant Village Jatre